- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from anyone under 13 years of age. If you are under age 13, please do not attempt to register for the Site or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information rapidly. Please contact us immediately if you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under the age of 13,
Changes in the Policy
Collection of Information
- We collect the personal information you give us when you register with our Site or subscribe to our Services, including name, email address.
- When you create an Account, you may choose to connect your Facebook account, Google account, or other social profile platforms that we may add or remove from time to time to the Service, and we may store certain information we receive from Facebook, Google, and the other platforms. We may also collect additional information such as your name, picture, email address, home address and home airport, and other personally identifying information. We may also collect information about friends and contacts with whom you choose to share trips or other information. If you use a third-party service, like Facebook Login to register or login, you are permitting us to use and store that information related to the account. When you purchase travel related products and services from our booking partners and/or their respective suppliers, we may collect information such as first and last name(and traveler’s name if different), passport number, telephone number, postal and email addresses, fax number, and billing information (such as credit card number, cardholder name, and expiration date). In connection with certain bookable activities we may collect additional personal information such as your age and weight, your travel preferences, and your history of searches and purchases through the platform. We may also request and collect information about your travel related loyalty programs. This information is considered personal information.
- If you use our “Planit” service, we will collect your travel information to create and maintain your travel itineraries. This can include the personal information that may be included in any uploaded itineraries, documents and confirmation emails you forward to us. We may collect feedback from individuals with whom you have shared trips and are collaborating.
- There may be opportunities to publicly share the details of a trip to provide useful planning guides to other users of the platform. The details of the trip will be generalized. For more detailed trip information, including names and exact locations, additional permission requests will be sent for any personal identifying information before release.
- By submitting your personal information, you are warranting that such information is true, accurate, complete and current. You are also telling us that you have the authorization to provide it to us.
- The Services may offer opportunities for you to submit user generated content to the Site by electronic mail, postings via the Applications or otherwise, including any reviews, feedback, opinions, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas or the like contained in any submissions. We may store these submissions, display them to other users, and use them for promotional purposes. Note that if you include information that would otherwise be considered personal information in such contributions, it can be used and viewed by others and will no longer be considered personal information.
- We will collect certain kinds of non-personal information from you when you use our Site, including browser type, screen resolution, operating system and settings, CPU speed, referring or exit webpages, click patterns, Session ID, a device identifier, MAC address and your computer’s IP address.
- We may collect information about your location, as well as a unique identifier for your mobile device when you download or use our Site or any Services from a mobile device.
- We may on occasion supplement or correct the personal information you submit to us and your IP address with information in our other databases or information from third-party sources in order to reduce errors in our database, authenticate our users, prevent fraud and prevent abuse of our Site, as well as to provide more consistent, relevant experiences to our users.
- We may collect general information about your use of the Site, such as such as searches you conduct, information you view, and services you purchase from our booking partners, what pages visitors access, the number of visits, average time spent on the Site, feedback and other similar factors. This information is generally collected in anonymized form, without identifying any individual user, though certain information such an sessions tokens, IDS, and IP addresses may be collected in fraud prevention efforts.
Using your information
Except as provided herein, ComboTrip collects and uses your personal and non-personal information for internal purposes only. We may use your information in the following ways:
- To conduct routine business operations such as identification, authentication, contact purposes and general research. As part of our routine business operations, we may transfer your personal information to certain third parties with whom we contract for the limited purpose of providing services such as web hosting, email, booking, deal matching, credit card and payment processing. These service providers are obligated to protect your information, and they do not use your personal information for their own commercial purposes.
- To employ internal marketing techniques such as tracking customer preferences to provide a customized Site experience and communicating with you about Services, special offers, and other services.
- To otherwise enhance the Services we offer, including but not limited to the matching of targeted, travel-related content.
Please note that any information you post using ComboTrip’s communication services such as featured trips, calendars, polls, forums including CT Club and other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with others (“info sharing spaces”) may be available to all persons accessing such info sharing spaces. The information you share may be read, collected or used by others for any purpose, including sending you unsolicited messages. ComboTrip is not responsible for any information you elect to submit in these info sharing spaces or the use of such information. If you do not wish for your personal information to be posted or distributed in this manner, you should not participate in the info sharing spaces.
We may share your personal information and non-personal information about you with the following third parties:
- Third party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, data and business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of the Services or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third party vendors have access to and may collect personal information only as needed to perform their functions. We endeavor to contractually bind third party vendors to prevent them from sharing or using personal information for any other purpose, and to follow the same data security practices that we ourselves adhere to.
- Our booking partners, who may use your personal information to complete the purchase of travel related products and services. Our booking partners may in turn share your personal information with their suppliers, such as hotel, airline, car rental, and activity providers, who fulfill your travel reservations. We do not place limitations on our booking partners use or disclosure of your personal information, and neither our booking partners nor we place limitations on suppliers' use or disclosure of such personal information. Therefore, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any booking partner and/or travel supplier whose products you purchase through the Services. Please note that these booking partners and/or suppliers also may contact you as necessary to obtain additional information about you, facilitate your travel reservation, respond to a submission, or for other reasons not specifically defined here.
- Strategic partners that may work with ComboTrip to jointly provide products and services, or that may help ComboTrip market to our customers. Information may be shared for marketing purposes, and to facilitate, enable, or otherwise improve the user experience and offering.
- Other users that you invite through the Services.
In order to provide convenient, relevant experiences to our customers, we and our agents may use “cookies,” “tracking icons,” and similar devices to track your activities. A cookie is a small amount of data that is transferred to your browser by a web server. It functions as your identification card and enables ComboTrip to record your passwords and preferences. It cannot deliver viruses. A tracking icon is embedded in an HTML page or email used to track when the page or email has been viewed. You can set most browsers to accept cookies and notify you when you receive a cookie.
Protecting Your Data
- We use a variety of security measures, including SSL and encryption to help protect your information.
- We aim to minimize retention of your data for our business purposes, but reserve the right to hold this information for as long as we deem necessary.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We will not share your personal information with third parties without your express consent, except in the limited circumstances described below:
- We may share your personal information with our third party service providers for the limited purposes described in the section “Using your information.”
- We will share your personal information when required by law, regulation, or litigation, and as necessary for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance.
- If ComboTrip sells assets or is acquired by or merged with another entity, we may provide such entity customer information without obtaining your further consent. We may provide notice of such asset sales, acquisitions, or mergers on this Site.
- You can always choose not to provide information when you are prompted to do so. Note that if you do not provide us with certain mandatory information, then you may be unable to access our Services or take advantage of certain features on the Site.
- If at any time you are uncomfortable with our use of your personal information for internal marketing purposes, you may opt-out by cancelling your account with ComboTrip. As discussed above, if you cancel or opt-out, then certain Services may be unavailable to you.
- You may similarly opt out of or modify how you receive communications from us, although we may find it necessary to continue to communicate with you regarding your use of the Site.
- In case you are uncomfortable with our receipt of location information when you download or use our Site or any Services from a mobile device, most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
Governing Law and International Users
Controlling your preferences and personal account information
You have the right to access, correct and delete inaccuracies in your personal information and privacy preferences on the Site at any time by signing into your account and editing your personal information in your account profile. You may also do so by contacting us via postal mail, or email. If at any time you wish to opt-out of our use of your information for internal marketing purposes, you may do so by postal mail, or email:
200 Broadway Blvd NE
Albuquerque NM, 87102
200 Broadway Blvd NE
Albuquerque NM, 87102
ComboTrip is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of non- ComboTrip websites to which this Site or any other ComboTrip website may link. You should review the privacy policies of such sites before using the sites.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of ComboTrip who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email us at email@example.com write to us at the following address:
200 Broadway Blvd NE
Albuquerque NM, 87102